About Our Physical Therapy Clinic
Silvia Sorensen, PT, DPT has been providing physical therapy services in Fort Collins since 1981. She began her career locally working with a local orthopedic surgeon, assisting him with presentations to physicians on the diagnosis and treatment of common orthopedic conditions. With their encouragement, she opened Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center in 1984, which was the only privately owned physical therapy practice in Fort Collins. The practice grew quickly, and in 1988, it moved into the spacious, centrally located facility on Prospect Road where it is today.
Over the past 30 years, Silvia and her caring staff have been helping people ranging from a few months in age to those over 90 with their physical therapy, empowering them to reach their health and fitness goals. Our clients include elite and professional athletes, employers, risk managers, injured workers, victims of auto accidents, and people with a broad variety of orthopedic conditions.
We treat every patient as a VIP. Our skilled and experienced physical therapists specialize in treating the whole person in a one-on-one approach, using hands-on diagnosis and treatment beginning with your first visit. From the first time you call our office, you are met by professional and friendly staff who are happy to help you and answer your questions. Our comfortable and friendly atmosphere helps facilitate your quick recovery and return you to your previous level of activity.
No one should have to live a life in pain. No one should have to feel like their condition is hopeless and will never improve. We’re confident that you can start feeling better when you work with Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center. Call to set up an acupuncture, massage, personal training, or physical therapy appointment today.
Education & Training
- Andrews University, Michigan
- Degree in Physical Therapy, Loma Linda University, California
- Post Professional Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Des Moines University, with emphasis in osteopathic manual therapy for diagnosis and treatment
- Hundreds of hours in continuing training/education in varieties of settings:
- Shoulder and spine diagnosis, treatment and nonsurgical decompression
- Manual therapy including Norwegian, Australian, and Osteopathic approach
- Sports-specific diagnosis and treatment of common sports injuries
- Diagnosis and management of work-related injuries
- Pain management / electro-acupuncture
- Health, wellness, and injury prevention
- In on several patient surgeries in shoulder, spine, knee, and hip
- Assisted in shoulder manipulation under anesthesia
- Certification as an ALINE Performance Expert
Professional Experience & Affiliations
- Head therapist, University of Davis Medical Center
- Orthopedic physical therapist in Fort Collins since 1981
- Owner/head therapist Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center since 1984
- Northern Colorado IPA member since 1984
- Medicare certified since 1984
- APTA member for several years
- Clinical instructor for several Master’s and Doctorate of Physical Therapy students from respected universities nationally
- Industrial consultant for several years for CSU, Larimer County, City of Fort Collins, Poudre School District, and several large and small corporations in Northern Colorado
- Has worked with several athletic teams locally and abroad, including professional and Olympic athletes
- Consultant for orthopedic clinics and rehabilitation hospitals in the United States and abroad
- Has seen patients from around the country and the world
- Published physical therapy articles in local and national publications
- Currently working on research in muscle activation therapy and the use of electro-acupuncture in treating a variety of health conditions
When Silvia isn’t working with patients, she enjoys hiking, dancing, boating, traveling, table tennis, badminton, weightlifting, and spending time with her family.
Why Choose Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center?
- General Office Information
- Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment by a licensed physical therapist in your first visit so you feel better immediately.
- Walk-ins and emergencies are welcome
- No physician referral necessary
- Early and late appointments available for your convenience
- Insurance billing/designated providers for most insurance, including Medicare and Tricare
- Professional, friendly staff
- Sliding-scale cash discount
Published on first page in The Arab Nations Newspaper:
The Arab Stars and Lights Magazine nominated and chose Doctor Silvia Haddad Sorensen owner of Fort Collins Physical Therapy as the # 1 Working Arab Woman for 2019 based on character success accomplishment and a role model to women in Arab Nations.