Treatment for Knee Injuries
At Fort Collins Physical Therapy, we provide diagnosis and treatment for all types of knee injuries. These are the most common:
- ACL Tear: We can provide treatment, and rehabilitation if surgery is necessary.
- MCL Tear: We can provide treatment, and rehabilitation if surgery is necessary.
- Meniscus Tear (Also referred to as torn cartilage): We can provide treatment, and rehabilitation if surgery is necessary.
- Chondromalacia/Patello-Femoral Syndrome (Runner’s Knee): Irritation of the undersurface of the kneecap, causing pain often after prolonged sitting.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the tendon that can cause aches, pain, stiffness, and/or swelling and burning around the joint
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the small sacs that protect joints, making movement painful and joints stiff.
- ITB Syndrome: Pain on the outside of the knee caused from inflammation where the band rubs over the femur, often associated with running, hiking, or weight lifting.
- Hamstring Tears/Strain: Partial or full tear of one of the muscles on the back of the thigh.
- Osteoarthritis: Degenerative joint disease that causes a loss of cartilage and results in pain from the aggravated, less protected bone surfaces.
- Total Knee Arthroplasty (Knee Replacement): We can help with rehabilitation following surgery.
- Plica Syndrome: An extension of the joint capsule that becomes pinched and inflamed and causes pain.
Recovery from knee injuries and surgeries starts here. Call us today to schedule an appointment at our physical therapy office, and find out what we can do to help your knees.