Treatment for Shoulder Injuries
At Fort Collins Physical Therapy, we provide diagnosis and treatment for these types of shoulder injuries:
- Shoulder Impingement (Swimmer’s Shoulder, Thrower’s Shoulder): The tendons of the rotator cuff muscles become irritated and inflamed as they pass through the area between the scapula and humerus, causing pain, weakness, and loss of movement.
- Rotator Cuff Tears: Injury to any of the four tendons of the rotator cuff muscles that give the shoulder joint its flexibility.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the tendon that can cause aches, pain, stiffness, and/or swelling and burning around the joint
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the small sacs that protect joints, making movement painful and joints stiff.
- Labrum Tears: Injury to the cartilage cup that extends the shoulder socket joint causing aching and pain with specific activities involving the shoulder.
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder): The connective tissue surrounding the shoulder joint becomes inflamed and stiff, restricting motion and causing chronic pain.
- Shoulder Dislocation: The separation of the humeral head from the scapula, which can be anterior (forward) or posterior (backward). The injury may also involve ligament tears or sprains, shoulder capsule laxity, and other conditions.
- Shoulder Arthroplasty (Joint Replacement): We can help with recovery following surgery.
- Shoulder Fractures: Most common are humeral, clavicle, and other scapular fractures.
If you’re suffering from a shoulder injury, we aim to help. Call us today to schedule an appointment at our physical therapy office, and discover the right treatment for your condition.