Treatment for Spine Injuries
At Fort Collins Physical Therapy, we provide diagnosis and treatment for these types of spine injuries:
- Pinched Nerve Roots: Herniated spinal discs can pinch nerve roots between the vertebrae and the disc causing pain and numbness.
- Degenerative Joint Disease: Degenerative arthritis in the joints of the spine.
- Facet Syndrome: Pain in the joints in the spine.
- Spinal Stenosis: The abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal that restricts the spinal cord and causes pain, numbness.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Caused by the sciatic nerve being compressed by the piriformis muscle causing pain, tingling, and numbness in the buttocks and along the sciatic nerve.
- Spinal Discectomy: We can help with rehabilitation following surgery.
- Spinal Fusion: We can help with rehabilitation following surgery.
- Spinal Arthroplasty (disc replacement): We can help with rehabilitation following surgery.
- Spinal Compression: Herniated or bulging disc that becomes compressed between vertebrae, pinching nerves in the process.
- Spinal Fracture: Breaking or cracking of the vertebrae caused by trauma or compression.
- Strains/Sprains: Stretching or tearing of muscles, tendons, or ligaments causing pain and muscle spasms.
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Weakness/Core Instability: We can help with strengthening exercises and core stabilization to correct this condition.
- Sacroiliitis: Inflammation of the joint in the pelvis between the sacrum and the ilium that can cause pain in the low back, buttock, or thigh.
- Back Pain From Pregnancy
If you’re suffering from a back injury, you can count on Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center for relief. Call us today to schedule an appointment at our physical therapy office, and find out what we can do to help your back.